There are the names of the Sankranti birth on the seven days of the week, beginning from Sunday, are Ghora, Dhavankshi, Mahodari, Manda, Mandakini, Mishra and Rakshasi. The person, born at the Sankranti birth is poor and unhappy, but he becomes well-to-do and happy, if remedial measures are undertaken. now we are going to describe the remedial measures to nullify these evil effects.
Remedies from Sankranti Birth
- clean spot in the eastern part of the house should be purified by besmearing with cow dung
- prepare three separate heaps 5 Dronas (80 Seers) of paddy , 2½ Dronas of rice, 1¼ Dronas of sesame seeds.
- On these heaps of grains make a figure of lotus with eight leaves
- then decorate them with flowers
- invite a priest who perform religious rites and recitation of Mantras.
- Kalash without any holes on all the three heaps
- put in each of them water from holy places
- Then wrap the Kalash with pieces of cloth
- Place small earthen pots
- wrapped with thin cloth, on the Kalashas.
- Then install the idol of Sankranti along with Adhideva and Pratyadhideva
- Perform worship of all the three idols
- Mrityunjaya Japa should be recited 1008, 108, or 28 times,
- seeds along with recitation of Mrityunjaya Mantra
- sprinkle the holy water on the child born and his parents
- Lastly feed as many Brahmins, as one can afford